Sunday 13 April 2014

My time with Flame.

The Royal Mail Pashley Mailstar I will be using for the
2014 BHF London to Brighton Bike Ride.
A new bike has come into my life.
I was thinking what to call it, and my wife suggested "Flame", because of the bright red colour.

Flame is a Pashley Mailstar, the Royal Mail variant of the Pashley Pronto.
Flame is on loan from the local Royal Mail depot, and I will be using it in the 2014 London to Brighton Bike Ride on Sunday 15th June, and then I will have to give it back :-(

A real Pashely! And made in England too!

The Mailstar features a chain tensioner - unusual for an IGH.

But, hey, that gives me two months to enjoy Flame's particular style of cycling.






First, some more details about Flame.Weight (as weighed by me): is 25.2 kg without panniers, but including centre stand, lights, racks, and front basket.
Gears: Sturmey-Archer X-RD3 three-speed
Brakes: Sturmey-Archer,  X-FD 70mm drum (front), X-RD3 70mm drum (rear)
Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon Plus, 47-507 front, 47-559 rear.
pics and more to follow over the next two months, as I prepare and then ride Flame in the 2014 London to Brighton Bike Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment