Sunday 11 May 2014

Sunday Morning Exercise

Got up a bit after six this morning.
As it is already light at this time of year, I popped out for a quick cycle before breakfast.

Not too hard a ride - just an 8 mile (13 km) trip to Stone, a village just outside Aylesbury on the opposite side from where I live (I live near to Bierton).

There was a headwind all the way out, which the weather forecast says was about 17 mph (27 kph).
My route takes in the whole length of the hill on the High Street (I start down by QD), then along the cobbles of Bourbon Street, before going down Rickfords Hill and picking up the cycle path to take me over the bridge. As you leave Aylesbury, there is a slight uphill slope towards Stone, too, so it was fairly slow going there.

Of course, on the way back it was easy - a slight downhill and a tailwind to get back to Aylesbury.
There is a nice climb back up over "The Bourg Walk", too! Long enough to warm you up (particularly if taken standing on the pedals in a high-ish gear), without being so long that I run out of breath :-)

First thing in the morning on a Sunday is a great time to be out and about. There is not much traffic about, which means that more time is spent cycling, and less is spent waiting at junctions, which makes it much nicer.
Nice to get home and know I have done some useful training before breakfast - it cheers me up for the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment