Saturday 3 January 2015

Where There's a Wheel There's a Way!

Saw this a while back, and I thought I share it with you - a bike with a surf-board carrier.
The bike is just a run-of-the-mill machine from Halfords (a "big box" store in the UK), but the surf-board mounts are something special!
A bike with a rack for carrying a surfboard in Newquay

Another view of the board-carrier mounts on the bike.
The owner is presumably down below on his board!

I'd never seen such a thing before, but apparently there are a number of companies that make them.
This one, though, looks to me like a Northcore rack.
They seem to sell in the UK for about £70 ($112, 84 Euros)
btw - for the non-surfing types out there, Newquay is THE place for surfing in the UK, with the UK event of the international surfing circuit being held on Fistral Beach - about three miles (5km) West of where I took this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment