Friday 18 March 2016

A year of weight loss

That's one year done.
On January 1st 2015, I weighed in at 96.6 kg (212.5 lbs)
On December 31st 2015, I weighed in at 82.6 kg (181.7lbs)

That's exactly 14 kilos (30.8 lbs) lighter.

I'll do a fancy chart and put that up when I have time, but already I have noticed the benefits of losing 14.5 % of my bodyweight.

My running (as I said in a recent post) is faster, with my feet getting less tired. I got a personal best on my 5k time earlier in the year, and even that was kind of accidental. I just went out on a run at a decent pace, and halfway round the 5k, I realised I was going faster than I had in the previous Spring (I gave up running over the Summer to concentrate on my cycling, and for much of the Autumn, I was "social" running with my wife, rather than training). So I only really paced myself for the second half of that 5k. I have run better times even than that on a couple of recent occasions.
Strava informs me I have run my fastest 2 miles, 1 mile, and 1 km times, too.
On the 10k front, I have also beaten my previous times. I have high hopes for the Spring.

My hill-climbing on the bike has improved remarkably, too - on the nearby Cat 3 hill, my target used to be just getting up it (!), but already I have managed 3 reps of the hill, despite losing a lot of my cycling fitness over the Autumn. And I only stopped because I promised my wife I would only be out for a couple of hours, rather than being unable to complete more.

The best bit of all, though, is that I am down to the sort of weight I was about 20 years ago. Never thought I'd be saying that!

No comments:

Post a Comment